As part of my crusade to NOT be a shut-in this summer, I've been trying to get out into the community and see some new things. Two weekends ago, we hit up the Jurassic Forest. I'm not 10 years old but I appreciate science and paleontology and unusual attractions in the middle of nowhere, so how could I resist?
First off, it was $14 -- overpriced for a 10-minute tiptoe through the triceratopses. The animatronics were mildly entertaining, but it's the mid-July mosquitos that had the most bite.
If I were to return, it'd have to be with kids -- who coincidentally DO saying the darndest/dumbest things including:
"Mom, there's only one dinosaur left, right? Is he here?" and
"No, that dinosaur is not attacking the other one. He's just riding on the other one's back." -- actually, that's what the kid's mom said, but considering the unusual "facts" these children spew, is it any wonder they got some of this stuff from their disinterested folks?
Then this past weekend, Ken and I went to the South Common farmers' market. Total bust unfortunately: two rows of tents in this huge parking lot, way slow mini-donut wagon and it was really just a shanty town of those B.C. Cherries trucks.
But the exciting part was passing a dude walk his tortoise through Millwoods. Sorry I don't have a photo for you, but at first I thought something was wrong with this guy's dog and then I was so stunned to see a tortoise I could only stare.
Guess I'll have to not be such a slowpoke next time. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment