Instead I cleaned up, organized, washed the bathroom, and sorted recycling and donations. Now this week I hoped to break down and go through the childhood toys and take those to Goodwill on Friday. I was originally going to have a yardsale, but it feels better to give this stuff away. I had a leg up in life -- why shouldn't someone else get one too?
I know I'll need money but karmically, giving is better in the long run.
The weekend before we explored Capital Ex -- Edmonton's "hip" solution to the "outdated" Klondike Days. I hadn't been in a few years because it kinda sucks, costs too much for greasy fun, and is rather dull without the old klondike theme.
![]() |
| Last reminant of the klondike theme |
I only went this year because my boyfriend and friend wanted to see Ace of Base.
We got into Capital Ex for cheap thanks to a friend's Northlands connection and only had to pay for food. The first stand we went to was shit -- their pulled pork sandwich looked like a chicken burger and their hot dogs' skin had hardened into a chewy exoskeleton. What can you expect from cheap carny food? Wait, both those items came to almost $14.
The Lemon Heaven stand never fails to disappoint ("I believe in miracles..."), and my phallic chocolate-dipped banana provided some laughs for my dirty-minded friends.
After wandering around wondering why we ever thought this was fun (too old now, maybe?), we joined the crowd at Telus Stage. We watched some Moby wannabe and his band (really just one girl with a keytar who used drumsticks to play a keyboard and two Macs. WTF?). He sucked as bad as Capital Ex.
![]() |
| Moby wannabe |
As soon as he left the stage, rain started pouring down and lightening and thunder rattled the sky, frightening Ace of Base from coming on stage right away. My boyfriend and I opted not to stand soaked and chilled in the storm, cut our losses and left early.
I guess we saw "The Sign" because I was filled in later that Ace of Base "was just as bad as you remember."


No comments:
Post a Comment